How to apply for financial support
TAEF is a non-profit foundation incorporated under the laws of The Netherlands. The object of the foundation is the financial support and active monitoring of projects aimed at the survival and welfare of the Asian elephant and to perform all that is connected there to in the broadest sense of the word.
TAEF receives funding mainly through donations made by the organisation ‘Elephant Parade’. TAEF further receives donations through third parties.
TAEF is currently determining the projects she wishes to support. In this respect the following criteria have been developed.
- The AEF will start to consider applications by the end of 2011.
- The AEF will fund activities which can improve the well-being of the elephants in Asia.
- Funding can be given to projects that include free-living as well as domesticated elephants.
- The AEF will give priority to projects or activities that benefit large numbers of elephants.
- At least during the first year donations below €10.000 is preferred.
- The AEF can be the only sponsor of projects or can contribute to larger projects together with other donors.
- The AEF itself may select projects or receive applications from organizations as well as individuals.
- Requests from outside and suggestions from the AEF will follow the same procedure: the AEF board will consider the project stated on the application form.
- Each application must comply with the abovementioned criteria and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org’
The applicant will receive a confirmation of receipt of the form within a week. Generally a final answer will be given within 3 months.